IS Internship Registration Requirements
- Submit your offer letter through e-mail (email@example.com) or request your employer to send Prof. Ma an official email about your offer.
- Your offer letter should contain the following:
- Your detailed job responsibilities (must be IS related)
- The starting date and ending date of your internship
- The number of work hours per week
- Hourly pay rate, if it is paid
- Your mentor or supervisor’s name and contact information (telephone and e-mail)
- Email Prof. Pai-chun Ma to inform him about the course you wish to register. You have option to register BUS 3001 (1 credit, P/F) or CIS 5900 (3 credits, letter grade). Then, Prof. Ma will provide you the registration information through e-mail, so that you can register for the course. Please check the academic calendar for the last day to register you internship course.
- You also need to make an appointment with Prof. Pai-chun Ma and meet him in his office at VC 11-243. Please check the department schedule for Prof. Ma’s office hours.
- For BUS 3001 (or 3002 or 3003): You need submit a journal report (6 pages) by the end of the semester (typically, Dec 15 for Fall semester, May 15 for Spring semester or August 15 for summer). The report should include what you have learned from the job technical or non-technical (not a laundry list of what you did), the reflection of the courses that you have taken from Baruch and suggestions to our curriculum.
- For CIS 5900: You need to submit three journal reports and each is 6 pages long. You need to write a more elaborate report, but they should cover what you have learned from the job technical or non-technical (not a laundry list of what you did), the reflection of the courses that you have taken from Baruch and suggestions to our curriculum. Typically, the reflection of the courses would be more course specific and discussion of each course would go into separate reports.